Saturday, March 14, 2009

Some things

Here are some brief updates, in no particular order:
  • Physical therapy on Friday was good. I had requested an Rx from my doctor for my knee, so the physical therapist evaluated it and thinks we can just do some stretching to get the quad and hip flexor loosened up.
  • I went to yoga class on Friday after PT. Most of the class was devoted to working on our Downward-Facing Dog position. For some reason, my knuckles keep popping up, which is not proper technique.
  • I'm going to start back at work on Monday part-time in the afternoons. I figure that it'll be better to ease back in rather than do a cannonball into the deep end, so to speak.
  • My balance is getting better overall. I don't feel like I'm going to fall over when I turn my head side-to-side with my eyes closed, and the spiral steps at the office are easier as well. I still have problems with standing on one foot, as witnessed in the dressing room at Ann Taylor tonight (Phil forgot about my balance issues and thought I was just being funny, or "ungraceful," as he called it). And I'm doing better at looking to the side (window-shopping) while walking - a necessary skill in order to fit in with "regular" people.
  • My sleeping problems have decreased the past two nights when I took melatonin before bed, as advised by my doctor. Today I had a hard time waking up though, and I felt pretty unmotivated all day, but I'm not sure if that was related to the sleep issues or having done too much yesterday/previous days. I'm hoping that when I go back to work full-time, having a regular schedule will improve my sleeping habits.
  • I realized that if I part my hair on the right, some of the extra hair on that side goes to the left and helps fill in what's missing. I'm not quite ready to get a haircut yet (don't want people touching my head), so this new plan seems good. Also, I can do a low ponytail now, and I don't think anyone can tell that something is different under there. I switched from a general women's multivitamin to pre-natal vitamins last week to get the hair-growth benefits (not for a baby!!).
  • I need to go switch the laundry, so I think I'm done for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim! Wow, PT, yoga, and part-time work - this is GREAT! Your progress is amazing - out shopping, too! I would take it easy going to work, but then i am older...:). I also have taken prenatal vitamins (for extra iron) - didn't realize the hair-growth benefits. -- My best to you and Phil! Take care and keep in touch.
    Sue (aka Suboo73)

    ReplyDelete