Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feeling pretty normal

I would say that this week I've been feeling pretty normal. I've been doing "a lot" each day this week and haven't suffered any real ill effects - just a short (!) nap here and there. I'm finding that it's easier to sleep through the night if I minimize the naps during the day. Anna joined me for a siesta today.

I've been doing the neck stretches assigned to me as homework by the physical therapist. I think they're helping, and I'm applying the same principles to my knee (warm up the muscles and then gently stretch).

Good news! My neurosurgeon gave me approval to fly to Florida next week at four weeks post-op. I thought it would be nice to spend a little time with my in-laws, and I figured that some sun/heat couldn't hurt either. I'll be there from Sunday to Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, Hi! Sounds like you are doing great! I am so happy for you! Naps are great sometimes, too - what a wonderful way to spend these chilly afternoons, especially with Anna by your side. (I miss seeing my daughter's cat, Ellie...) --I am so glad you have the green light to fly to Florida. Warm sunshine, cool breezes and time with family - that should really help the healing process! My best to you! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KZ, Florida sounds fab, I'm glad you're getting out and about and feeling good. We miss you! AmyD

    ReplyDelete