Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm back

My trip to Florida was great - I had plenty of sun and relaxation, and no problems with flying. I was more concerned about hitting a flock of birds than I was worried about my head exploding or something.

Sunday - my flight arrived at 2:30 in Orlando; we went to Disney Marketplace and ate lunch, and then we went on some buses to go to the Contemporary Hotel to take a water shuttle to the Wilderness Hotel; we took a bus back to our car and then drove home and ate dinner

Monday - I drove the golf cart to Starbucks then we went to the neighborhood swimming pool; we rode bikes around the block (ask me about how I fell off the bike) then went to the shuffleboard court; we got desserts ready for the open house where friends of in-laws stopped by to meet me; we went to Steak n' Shake for dinner

Tuesday - we went to see Grandma's quilting club then to another swimming pool with a waterfall; I took a quick nap before yoga class; we got Starbucks on the way home; we got ready for dinner at Carraba's; after dinner, a neighbor who had surgery for an acoustic neuroma in 1990 came by to talk

Wednesday - we went to Wellness Center for a massage then stopped by Grandma's house to say goodbye; my flight departed Orlando at 3:55

I'm going to try to include massage therapy in my rehabilitation regimen. I could turn my head way farther after the massage yesterday, and my shoulders felt much better. The massage therapist said that PT and massage will definitely speed my recovery time, and she offered some tips about heat and ice also.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice trip, Kim! (You fell off a bike, ouch...!)
    I love to have a good massage and don't do it near enough...with an old 'whiplash' injury and one constant sore spot on my back, the massage is really wonderful. I enjoy reading about your progress. Best wish for another great day!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great trip lady. i'm so glad you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete