Thursday, March 26, 2009

How does it taste?

You may remember me complaining about Diet Coke a few weeks ago. I thought I'd give you an overview of my taste experience.

Immediately after surgery, I had a metallic taste that stopped me from eating chocolate and Diet Coke. Then about 3 weeks after surgery, I was able to eat them again - chocolate was pretty normal and Diet Coke was ok but not as refreshing as it used to be. Now at 6 weeks after surgery, the metallic taste is back for some reason. It's not affecting what I can eat as much, but it's just lingering...sigh. But overall, I find it hard to finish a carbonated beverage now, be it Diet Coke, Sprite, or beer. Something about the bubbles isn't as tasty as it once was.

As some of the AN Discussion Forum people say, "Acoustic Neuroma - the gift that keeps on giving."

No comments:

Post a Comment