Monday, February 23, 2009

2 weeks post-op

Well, the big day was two weeks ago. I'm now off the steroid, which is making my shoulder hurt more (the inflammation is back). If this issue could just go away, I would be fine. I'm going to do more of the strengthening exercises that the PT recommended, as well as apply ice and heat to the shoulder. I may also look into acupuncture.

I put in my contacts today to see how that would go, and it seems ok. I don't think I'm ready to wear them all day, everyday, but it's nice to have total peripheral vision again.

Yesterday we went to get Phil a haircut and consulted with my stylist about how to even out my hair. She seemed to think that a simple trim to get it all closer to the same length would be fine. I'll probably wait a couple of weeks before having anything done (I'm a little nervous about people touching my head at this point).

Last night as part of the Academy Awards, we held the Cat Oscars. Sam was up for his role in "Other Cat's Food," and Anna was up for her role in "Cat on a Bookshelf." The Cat Academy (the three of us) voted, and Samuel L. Cat won Best Performance. He didn't give much of an acceptance speech though, and the two of them had a pretty lame after-party.

Today I'm planning to go to the Post Office to drop the Magic Scarf in the mail to the next lucky recipient.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,

    Just wanted to stop by and tell you that I enjoyed reading the ENTIRE journey you have been on. As you know, I'm right behind you! Glad to see you doing so well and hope that shoulder is feeling better!

    Ernie in Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mind if I call my newest band The Cat Academy?

    ReplyDelete