Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Seven-month update

I had a scare over the past couple of weeks where I thought I had made negative progress. My neck was a little stiffer than it had been, and my scar area was more sore than usual. I think I irritated the muscles in my shoulder area by carrying some heavy groceries for too long. Now that it's two weeks later, it's feeling better again, and I have a reminder to not overdo it.

No new news on the crying/tears front. I haven't been able to test it again...guess I need to watch a sappy movie or something.

My hair loss has stopped; it lasted about a month. My endocrinologist said that it's common for that to happen after a stressful event. I think brain surgery counts.

I go to see Dr. C in two weeks for a hearing test and discussion about what I'd like to do in terms of getting a hearing aid or not. As frustrating as it is sometimes to not be able to hear, I definitely don't want to do anything at this point. I'm bionic enough as it is. And it's kind of funny when I think voices at the office are coming from one direction, only to find out that they're actually behind me. Yeah, funny. In a groan-inducing way. I dunno, maybe it's not that funny. But I don't want any more surgery any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment